A container terminal operator in Hamburg
Our client operates a container terminal in Hamburg and is planning to double the handling capacity to 5.2 million TEUs in the existing area.
The expansion of terminal capacity is carried out by a conversion of the container yard from straddle carrier operation to operation with automatic stacking cranes (ASC block storage). The new layout planning and SOP must take into account the aspects of integration and conversion during the full ongoing terminal operation.
- Detailed layout planning for ASC block storage in close collaboration with teams of engineers for construction and equipment
- Coordination and support of the implementation of concept for hazardous goods
- Development of the master plan for gradual conversion of conventionally operated container storage to block storage with automatic stacking crane – driven by the capacity requirements during the expansion phase
- Definition of the critical aspects and requirements for the simulation of block storage system
- Design of the standard processes at the interfaces with ASC block storage jointly with operating team
- Jointly development of the functional interface concept between the system of ASC block storage and terminal control system
HPMport rendered all services as integrated part and as team members of the client’s project management organisation and logistics team in various roles with managing, engineering and consulting functions.