A container terminal in Hamburg
The steady growth in the worldwide container traffic requires an expansion of the Port of Hamburg. In this context, the new container terminal was built, which is characterised by an extensive automated container handling. Ship-to-shore cranes, automatic guided vehicles (AGV) and rail mounted gantry cranes (RMG) are used at this container terminal. Furthermore, a site for combined transport has been established.
The main task in this project was to plan and to realise efficient processes and logistics networks in order to build a worldwide unique automated container terminal.
HPMport as a part of the planning and commissioning team were assigned
- to plan and implement efficient processes and logistics structures for the automatic block storage with RMG and
- to support the ramp-up phase after the opening of the highly automated terminals as well as to optimise the storage system.
- Planning of elements of the logistics strategy for the fully automated container storage
- Process design for the RMG-yard and interfaces to other the logistics control software
- Realisation support during the software development, integration and ramp-up
- Assistance in the project management regarding terminal logistics and control
- Supervision of commissioning of the RMG-yard