Project developer for a transport and logistics centre in Russia
The project partners have set a target to develop a new transport and logistics centre on a greenfield site of 180 ha in the southern Ural, and thus to strengthen the logistics infrastructure of the region.
The planned transport and logistics centre includes a large warehouse area (Class A) and a container terminal. The centre is connected by rail to the railway China-Kazakhstan-Russia. The railway line connects the Region in the southern Urals with Urumqi in western China, and thus represents an alternative to the Trans-Siberian Railway via Zabaykalsk. From the new hub in Yuzhnouralsk the goods imported from China are to be distributed to the Western regions of Russia and the Moscow area.
HPMport advise the client in strategic development and create a logistics concept and a master plan for a new transport and logistics centre (TLC).
Commercial project definition
- Establishing of the organisation and responsibilities across the project lifecycle
- Definition of goals for the project development
- Identification of success factors
- Development of business model for transport and logistics centre and define the core business
- Risk analysis
Logistics project definition
- Analysis of market requirements
- Design of a logistics system for the transport and logistics centre
- Definition of target logistics functions and requirements
Master & development plan
- Development of design guidelines
- Design of a concept for gradual expansion of the transport and logistics centre
- Development and evaluation of layout variants
- Evaluation of the concept to be further planned and implemented